In support of Open Access (OA) publishing by LANL affiliated authors, the Research Library is making available funding to cover the fee commonly charged for OA publication, known as an Article Processing Charge (APC). The fund is available to accept requests now and LANL authors can submit requests through the online request form.
The Open Access Publishing Fund is a pilot project beginning January 1, 2023. The following eligibility requirements apply:
- Author must be a current LANL employee at the time of request
- Author must be the corresponding author
- The journal article has already been accepted for publication – send proof of acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Does not have money available from funders that allow grant funds to be used for APCs
- The journal of publication is a Gold OA journal, not a hybrid (subscription) journal
- The journal appears in the Directory of Open Access Journals and is peer-reviewed
- The journal is not from a publisher where the library already funds the OA APC. See list of library publishing agreements.
Publication charges such as color, illustration, posters, page charges or submission charges are not covered by this funding.
When the pilot year funds are expended, no further APC support will be available for that year.